Fish Permit Rules
1. A valid permit allows a person to fish with one rod and line only on waters under the control of the Federation during legitimate times and seasons.
2. The Federation reserves the right, without any reason, to refuse any applicant a permit to fish, or cancel any permit that may have been issued. All money paid for a permit that is cancelled shall be forfeited.
3. The following permits are available;
a. A season’s Salmon Permit valid for salmon, sea trout and brown trout.
b .A seasons Trout Permit valid for brown trout.
c. 7 day Visitor’s Permits (please see website for fishing options and prices)
d. 3 day Visitor Permits (please see website for fishing options and prices)
e. 1 day Visitor’s Permits (please see website for fishing options and prices)
f. A season’s Coarse Permit valid for coarse fish only on the River Tyne. Season permits are only available to residents of the counties of Northumberland, Durham and Tyne and Wear. Trout Permit Holders may fish all waters on the River Tyne & Coquet excluding the tidal section of the River Coquet and the Till (a Salmon permit is required to fish the Till). A range of visitor permits are available. Please see website for full details on visitor permits.
4. Anglers aged 16 years and under may fish Federation waters without a permit provided he or she is accompanied at all times by a responsible adult holding the appropriate Season Permit. Both anglers must hold a valid and relevant E.A. rod license.
5. Concessionary Season Permits are available to registered disabled persons or persons in receipt of state retirement pension.
6. Holders of Salmon and Trout permits may also fish the coarse fish on the River Tyne during the appropriate season.
7. All applicants for Salmon and Coarse Permits, must be made in writing to the Head Bailiff, and must be accompanied by the correct fee and s.a.e. Trout permits are also available from the Head Bailiff and from distributors listed on page 13. All permits include the issue of the Federation Handbook and Guide. Visitor permits are available from the Head Bailiff.
8. Fishing returns (catch records) for all fish caught on all waters are to be reported to the federation by the 15th December. Catch records can be reported by completing the catch return form which can be downloaded from the website. Alternatively, you can ring the Head Bailiff with your return at the end of your fishing day/week or month. You can also email to email@example.com.
9. In the event that any tenancy held by the Federation is terminated before the end of the fishing season, all permits for the relevant water will be void from the date of such termination and no refund of the fee will be made. Notice of such termination will be published on the Federation’s website.